Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Our First Home...

It has been quite awhile since I have been able to blog, but I am going to promise you that will stop this week.  I will begin back on my weekly tradition this week.

From where I left off, my beautiful wife Jennifer and I had a pretty big decision to make.  Beginning of August we were approached by a Pastor in Michigan about the opportunity for a position in youth ministry.  From the very beginning of conversations with Randy Wheeler we were excited about the opportunity, but most of all saddened by the fact that it meant we would be leaving our home in Cincinnati.

I started my time at Groesbeck Church in January of 2012 fresh out of college and ready to see what God had in store.  I could not have asked for more.  My time spent at Groesbeck was great and an amazing learning experience as I had an opportunity to work with some great students and volunteers at the After School Program as well as mold the minds of our six student leaders.  Nothing excited me more than to see the passion in the eyes of the students of CHAOS//Student Ministries.  It truly was a wonderful experience.

But as you know, we felt that when we were offered the position of Student Ministries Pastor at Twin Oaks Christian Church we truly felt that God was calling us out of our ministry at Groesbeck and to partner with him in a new city, a new church, and a new home.  It was a huge risk, but my wife and I find that the best situations always come out of a little risk.

Therefore, as of August 31st, 2012 we began to call Southgate, MI and Twin Oaks Christian Church our home.

Again, Groesbeck Church, thank you so much for the hospitality, the friendship, the love, and the fun that we had with you all for a short time.  We will be praying for you and the journey that you guys are on.


till another day,



normallyINDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment