Tuesday, September 18, 2012

That time of year...

It has just begun.  The first time of the year when the layering begins.  My favorite time of year is the fall.  The weather changes, the leaves fall, football is in full swing, and the temperature dips below 50.  The perfect time of your to throw on a sweatshirt, drink some great coffee (or hot apple cider), and enjoy the amazing season God has created for us.

My wife and I recently moved to Michigan in the Down River District of Detroit (or as I have named it the DWR).  We are just beginning to get used to the place, but nothing excites me more than the fall weather which is just beginning.  Just a couple of weeks ago I began to follow my favorite football teams (Florida Gators & Indianapolis Colts) and are so excited for the rest of the season to continue.  But besides football season being in high gear, there is much to love about the fall.

This is the first time of the year that we are not dripping with sweat while wearing our favorite pair of jeans.  It is just now getting acceptable to wear those awesome beanies that we all have been waiting months to wear (maybe that is just me), but most of all we get to hang out with friends outside around a bonfire or grill enjoying some of our favorite food and company.  What could be better than spending a fall evening grilling out, listening to music, and reminiscing with old friends.

Since we are new to the place, I have some goals for the fall season that I hope I can achieve before the dreadful cold of winter hits.  They are as follows (in no particular order):

Play 10 more rounds of golf (shoot below 80 again)
Play a couple games of pick up football
Watch my St. Louis Cardinals win the 2012 Fall Classic
Enjoy multiple bonfires with new friends
Train our awesome new puppy to go to the bathroom outside (not as easy as it looks)
Purchase and read Tony Larussa's new book
Road trip to Northern Michigan
Enjoy my 23rd Birthday (October 9th if you were wondering)
Begin brainstorming ideas for my first book
Watch a couple new shows on Netflix (the best thing for a TV/Movie buff)
Visit Canada for the first time
Discover some new music (that no one has ever heard of)
Go to an Apple Orchard and get some great caramel apples
Throw a Halloween Party in our new home
Begin the adventure of finding Detroit's best burger joint
Find a couple great local coffee shops (any suggestions)
Go on many a walks with my beautiful bride

These are just a couple of my many goals for the coming months as we settle into the great weather and watch as God, once again, performs one of his many miracles.  Such an exciting time of the year and I am so blessed to be spending it in one of the most beautiful states in America.  Wish me luck.



till another day,



normallyINDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment