Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Makin' it a Habit...

As many of you know, reading has become a big part of my life since I went to college just three years ago, but it was not until May that I was given the opportunity to have free time.  This free time brought about the opportunity to make myself read books.  Not just any books either, but books that I actually want to read and if you know me you know that this opportunity has caused me to become a nerd.  A nerd that if I had the opportunity would go to Half Price Books or any other bookstore for hours searching for books, old and new.

As I have become a nerd, I have read a great amount of books with countless books to go (42 new books if you want the real number).  As follows are the books:

Poems - Emily Dickinson
Jesus for President - Shane Claiborne
Communicating for a Change - Andy Stanley
Harry Potter 7 - JK Rowling
A Grief Observed - C.S. Lewis
The Great Divorce - C.S. Lewis
The Abolition of Man - C.S. Lewis
The Problem of Pain - C.S. Lewis
Simply Christian - N.T. Wright
The Weight of Glory - C.S. Lewis
10 Commandments of Marriage - Ed Young
The Penultimate Peril - Lemony Snicket
The Sacred Marriage - Gary Thomas
George Macdonald - C.S. Lewis
Slow Fade - Reggie Joiner

As you can tell I have spent a lot of time with C.S. Lewis this summer, but what I have found lately is that marriage books are much of my focus.  I have learned a lot from these books as I prepare to marry Jenny Schroeder of turquoise feathers and through these readings God is teaching me how to be the true provider and protector of my new family.

As I continue on through the rest of the year I am hoping to continue to read 50 pages a day and soon enough finish all 75 books in my library (about 40 to go).  The writers of these different books have each taught me something different this year and I am so excited to continue to learn and grow with the ideas found on the pages.


till another day,




normallyINDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment