Sunday, June 19, 2011

Decisions?

As many of you know, I am engaged to the most amazing girl in the world, Jenny Schroeder (www.turquoisefeathers.com) and with this comes a lot of new things.  Specifically we have a lot of decisions to make.  These decisions range from where we want to go on a date to where do we wanna live.  We are visiting a few apartment complexes this coming week and I am currently in the process of applying for church positions for my looming graduation date coming December 2011.

All of these decisions are things that Jenny and I were not ready for, but we are facing them head on.  With the decisions that this high of a level, they can easily become overwhelming.  But like most people who call themselves followers of God, we say we trust in God to provide.  I too find myself saying this, but after saying this I still find myself trying to make a certain outcome happen.  For it is easy to trust God when things just keep coming, but when you are in my situation, trusting God is something of its' own.  I have found that in order to truly trust God with everything, I must not worry about what is to come.  I am looking for a job, but I must trust that God will provide me with exactly what I need.  We are looking for a place to live and I must trust God that he will provide a neighborhood for us.  Trusting God with the unknown is something I am learning and trusting that God will truly work for the good of those who love him.

If we as believers truly do trust in God that means not worrying about how God is going to work, but just trusting that he will.

God works for the good of those who love him, therefore we must truly trust that he will do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment