Monday, June 4, 2012

A Growing Library...

I am so excited for what is to come, because if you know me at all you know how much I love books.  Most recently we purchased two wonderful bookcases from Target (thanks to Duane) and we were able to fill them with some great classic books and leftover decorations from our wedding.  But we had now take all of my ministry books and other books back to my office to join the rest of my collection.  It is really exciting to me to have all my books in one place.  Just in time for summer, this gives me the opportunity to hopefully finish off all of the books in my collection (only to head to Half Price Books and grab some more).  What I am most looking forward to for this summer is working through the rest of the Re:Lit series as a part of the Crossway publishing company and coordinated by Mark Driscoll.

No I am not a member of the reformation movement (most recently became a member of Groesbeck UMC), but I have found a facination with this movement and the theology that comes from it.  As well as the theology, there is a lot of passion in the words of the authors who have been a part of this book series. Most recently I have purchased Doctrine by Mark Driscoll, Gospel Centered Discipleship & Community. Summer is one of my favorite times of the year for the time I have to read.

All of my library will be here with me in my new office and the bookcases are only getting fuller.  Hopefully the fuller the bookcases the fuller my mind gets with knowledge.

If you have any other books you have found to be interesting or compelling in nature, comment below and let me know.  

till another day,


normallyINDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment