Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bearing Fruit...

As many of you know, I had the opportunity speak at Twin Oaks CC's main stage.  It was an amazing opportunity to speak to our members that I do not always get.  I had the chance to not only speak to our students and their parents, but also a ton of new visitors that were excited to try our church for the first time.  We are currently in our 40 Days in the Word series this past week being Meaning of the Text.

It was an amazing opportunity to speak to our church and most of all to go through the text of John 15. Never before did I fully think about what it meant to bear fruit and the fact that Jesus has called all of his disciples to do so.  I understood that we need to "bear fruit" we are told that hundreds of times, but never did I really look into the text to understand how to do that.  What I found was amazing.  Like the majority of our faith, it comes down to the idea of remaining in Christ, taking up residency in his arms.  That being the case we will bear fruit, we will see God's glory, and his joy will be made complete in us.  It is as simple as that and the simplicity behind this idea just makes my life that much better.

I serve a creator that has made himself available to us all through is word and I am so excited to continue on this journey of discovery.  If you would like to listen to the message from Twin Oaks CC Click Here



till another day,



normallyINDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment