Monday, March 11, 2013

The Uprising (Update)...

As you may know,  I am currently the Student Ministries Pastor at Twin Oaks Christian Church meaning I am the director of the Uprising Student Ministries.  It is an amazing ministry dedicated to creating a movement of middle school & high school students that are fearlessly making known the gospel in Detroit.  I have been blessed with the opportunity to work in a place like this and most of all be a part of some great student's lives.  I continue to thank God everyday for the opportunities my wife and I have been given.  That being said, I would like to give you a little update on how everything is going and what we have to look forward to in the future.

The Uprising is currently running between 20 - 30 Middle School & High School Students at our Sunday evening service.  We have had 2 - 3 new students consistently for the last month and God is truly blessing us with life change amongst the students that we currently have.  We have been very patient with this growth and our staff is hoping to continue to cultivate and make the best of the situation we are apart of.  We are currently running a Sunday night service that is similar to a church setting with a bit of a twist of fun, food, and shot's at the pot (currently at $40 in Amazon.com gift cards).  Every other sunday night we run our small group programming called Growth Groups.  This is a pilot program that has our student leadership team leading each small group that is segregated based on grade.  It has been an amazing outlet for those that are otherwise outspoken and a good opportunity to dissect what is being said during the sermons and how it applies to their lives.

Looking forward, we are currently in the middle of our fundraising for our Dominican Republic Missions team that will be headed to Hato Del Yaque in August.  Are number to raise is currently at $11,000 and we are so excited to see how God provides for us in the coming months to make this trip happen.  I am so excited for that opportunity for our 4 students.  We are also going to be headed to CIY Move in July.  This will be my 8th Trip to Move & first in 3 years, I could not be more excited to see old friends, see God move amongst our students, and lead our group to make some amazing decisions for God.

God is doing so many amazing things amongst our students and I cannot begin to describe to you all that is taking place.  I am so honored to be serving God in this way and I am so excited to continue to work in his ministry.  It is truly an honor to be apart of his ministry and I am truly blessed.



till another day,



normallyINDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment