Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Little Brother...

Last week my wife and I had the privilege of being apart of my little brother Zachary's High School Graduation.  I guess what seems to baffle me most is the fact that he is old enough to graduate High School.  To me my little brother will always be just that, my little brother.  The person I talk with, the person who is my best friend, the person who was the best man at my wedding, and the person I will care for till the end of my days.  We have spent so much time together over the years and despite the fact that we are 5 years apart, we have always had a bond like no other.  A bond that can only be understand if you have a brother or sister of your own.  

But of course, my brother is no longer little.  He is actually a couple inches taller than me and I am pretty sure he can now beat me at basketball.  He has a girlfriend, Lindsey Peoples, of 10 month who is a great addition to our family, he as agreed to pursue of life of ministry at Johnson University in Knoxville, TN, and he could not be more wacky (check out his posts on vine).  But despite all of that, what I love most about my brother is he has never been afraid to be himself.  He would never change his character or personality for anyone and if you didn't like it, well then tough luck.  I admire that in him and strive to be more like that in my life.  I strive to stick to my convictions and character even when it is not the popular thing to do.  I strive to be the person God has created me to be, preach the word God has created me to preach, and lead my family the way God has called me to lead.  He may not know it, but I learn that from him and I look up to him everyday of my life.  I admire is outlook on life, I admire his courage, and I most of all admire his heart for relationships.  

Zachy, I am so excited for you and your future in ministry and in life.  I want you to know that I have and always will look up to you and most of all, no matter what, I am here for you.  You and Lindsay will always have a home at the Tod household (Alec & Jenny Edition) and we will care for you no matter what.  Thank you for your fortitude, your leadership, and your example.  I am so excited to be able to say I will have a true brother in ministry and I am here for you as you begin your journey.  I love you. 

Jenny, Alec, Zachy, Lindsey


till another day, 





normallyINDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment