Friday, October 25, 2013

A Great Conversation...

As many of you know I am currently working as a Sales Associate at Urban Outfitters at the Fashion Mall @ Keystone at the Crossing.  I have had the opportunity over the past couple of months to have some great conversations with some great people that I otherwise would not have met.  Although I am currently not serving vocationally at a church, I have had a lot of opportunities to serve his church through his ministry.  The opportunities I have had to speak with some great people has reminded me about the importance of making yourself available for the holy spirit.  He reminded me that even if you are not excepting it, it is important to understand that when you make yourself available, a conversation will happen.

For so much time over the past two years I have been involved with leading other people to be available for the holy spirit and have conversations with people they care about life, ministry, & who God is to them.  I spent so much time doing the leading that I forgot to have those conversations myself.  It has not been until now that God has shown me the importance of doing this as a leader.  If I am going to lead people, I am realizing now that I need to have the conversations myself.

Working at Urban Outfitters over the past couple of months has shown me how powerful our God is.  As I look toward to the future whatever ministry I have the opportunity to serve in whether it be vocationally or on a volunteer basis, I will never forget the importance of the little conversations.



till another day,




normallyINDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment