Thursday, October 24, 2013

What I am looking toward...

The next couples of months are an exciting time, the holiday season is coming and with the holiday season comes great music, great food, & great traditions.  Some of the things I am looking forward to for the next couple of months is my wonderful wife's caramel apple cupcakes, caramel apples, apple cider, christmas cookies, Aunt Gwen's homemade caramels, hot chocolate, & a great cup of coffee.

Although there are things that I am going to miss, the golf season, warm weather, shorts, & tank tops, I am looking forward to the fall/winter months, hoodies, snow, & family.  Most of all family is the thing that should tie us all together and no I am not talking about just blood family, but I am talking about all family.

I am looking forward to the Seabird Christmas Album, listening to Bing Crosby's Christmas classics, watching all our favorite classic Christmas movies, & not to mention each of the Office Christmas episodes.  

Most of my life I have spent the holiday season dreading it because of the cold, the required moments of seeing family when it wasn't convenient, but now I am finally at the point in my life where I am beginning to value my time.  I am hoping this holiday season to truly value my family, my extended family, embrace the cold weather, & truly allow holiday season to bring out more love.  I do not want to be considered a Scrooge, I really want to be considered more like a Kris Kringle (aka the beard that I seem to be growing).   That being said as the holiday season is coming, I would like to say happy holidays and that I am looking forward to the season.



till another day,




normallyINDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment